If you were affected by an ERTE (Temporary Employment Regulation Expenditure) during the State of Alarm, here you can know more about the step-by-step procedure to easily check the status of your unemployment benefit.
The declaration of the State of Alarm in Spain as a result of the COVID-19 health crisis has led to the closure of many companies and to the application of the Temporary Employment Regulation Expenditure (ERTE) files to its workers.
Other common doubts people tend to have about ERTEs during quarantine are:
- When do I collect my unemployment benefit?
- Dismissed and affected by an ERTE?
Therefore, all those people who have been affected by an ERTE will be able to access a contributory unemployment benefit (commonly known as “Paro”) without taking into account the quoted time. In this sense, no application has to be submitted since it will be the company itself and the State Public Employment Service (SEPE) that is in charge of this process.
Regarding the people who have to request this benefit but who are not affected by an ERTE, the SEPE has enabled a pre-application form that is completely online. You can also request an appointment if you have an electronic DNI, digital certificate or [email protected].
Steps to access this service
In any case, if your unemployment benefit has been recognized and you want to check its status, amount or other relevant data, follow these steps recommended by the SEPE:
- Access the SEPE Electronic Headquarters through this link.
- Select the “Procedures and Services” tab.
- Select “People”.
- Then access the tab “Check the data and receipt of your service”.
- Select “Queries about benefits”.
- Now it indicates “Contrast data”.
- Enter your NIF / NIE, the last 10 positions of your bank account, and your phone number.
- Once all of the above has been done, you will be able to see the amount and duration of the benefit if it is correctly granted and recognized.
We want to listen to you and know what your questions are about the procedures you have to carry out. Count on the advice of our experts to clarify all your doubts.
In Entre Trámites we invite you to know about all the consultation services we offer. Fill in our contact form and we will call you to help you as soon as possible, schedule your online consultation, or simply text our WhatsApp.