Download the official application form for the capitalization of unemployment or a single payment of the contributory benefit.
Getting unemployment benefits in a single payment can become an interesting option to try self-employment.
What is the Single Payment?
This is a measure to promote and facilitate self-employment initiatives. Especially among people who are receiving contributory unemployment benefits. In this way, the current value of the total benefit amount is paid:
- To incorporate in a stable way as a worker or work partner in cooperatives or labour companies already incorporated, or to constitute them.
- To develop an activity as a self-employed individual.
- To use the amount to make a contribution to the capital of a new business organization or one created within a maximum period of 12 months prior to the contribution.
Requirements to apply for the Single Payment
- To be a beneficiary of a contributory unemployment benefit for total and definitive cessation of an employment relationship.
- Not having received a single payment, in any of its modalities, in the four immediately previous years.
- To start the activity within a maximum period of one month from the resolution that grants the single payment.
- Those who, in the 24 months prior to requesting the single payment, have made self-employment compatible with the contributory unemployment benefit, will not have the right to obtain the single payment in order to become self-employed workers or self-employed partners of a commercial company.
- If the cooperative provides in its statutes for the possibility that members may have to pass a trial period, they must have passed said period.
You can also go to a Punto de Asesoramiento e Inicio de la Tramitación (Advice and Start of Processing Point or PAIT), where you will be informed about the process and procedures for creating your company, or access CIRCE.
How to apply for this benefit?
You can present it through:
- The electronic headquarters of the SEPE.
- At the benefits office (by making an appointment at the SEPE electronic headquarters ).
- At any public registry office.
- By administrative mail.
The date of the application must be prior to the date of incorporation into the cooperative or labour company or the date of the beginning of the activity as a self-employed person or as a partner of the commercial entity. The start date is considered to be the one that appears as such in the worker’s application for registration with Social Security.
If you need any type of advice with Social Security procedures, you can contact us! It is always good to leave bureaucratic issues in the hands of specialists.