By submitting Form EX-18, citizens of a Member State of the European Union can reside in Spain for a period of more than three months. It also applies to citizens of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. Therefore, when they complete this registration their data is recorded in the Central Register of Foreigners.

The EU/EEA/Swiss citizens who are going to live in Spain for a period of more than three months are obliged to apply in person for registration in the Central Register of Foreigners, which can be done at the Immigration Office of the province where they intend to stay or establish their residence or, failing that, at the corresponding Police Station.

Said application must be submitted within three months from the date of entry into Spain, and a EU Registration Certificate will be issued immediately stating the name, nationality, NIE (Foreigner Identity Number), registration date, and address of the applicant.

Who can apply?

This application may only be submitted by a citizen of the European Union or of another State Party, in person.

Where should you submit the application along with Form EX-18?

You will need to apply for it at the Immigration Office of the province where you intend to reside, or at the corresponding Police Station.

What is the deadline to submit the application?

A period of three months is established, counting from the date of entry into Spanish territory.

Finally, if you want to do any immigration procedure, make sure it has an expert team in the field. At Entre Trámites we invite you to know our immigration services.

It’s always a good idea to leave your bureaucratic paperwork in the hands of specialists!

Let's Talk!

We want to listen to you and know what your questions are about the procedures you have to do. You can always rely on the advice of our experts to clarify all your doubts.