This training and learning contract is provided in PDF format by the Ministry of Labor, Migration and Social Security.
The employment contract for training and learning is the document by which the beginning, end, and regulation of the employment relationship between the employer and the employee are established. The purpose of this contract is to introduce people between 16 and 25 years of age without a degree into the labor market so that they can obtain the necessary qualifications to provide services.
The training and learning contract is intended to act as an instrument to favor the labor insertion and training of young people, in a regime of work alternating paid labor activity in a company with training activity received within the framework of the vocational training system for employment or the educational system.
With what employees can this contract be signed?
The law states that this contract can be held with workers over 16 and under 25, workers with disabilities, students participating in an employment and training project, workers in a situation of social exclusion in insertion companies and, finally, with workers in a situation of social exclusion, victims of gender violence, victims of domestic violence, victims of terrorism or victims of human trafficking.
How long can a training and learning contract last?
The law establishes that it must have a duration of between one and three years. The collective agreement may reduce the minimum to six months. When a duration of less than three years is agreed upon, extensions of at least six months may be agreed upon until the maximum duration is reached.
- Royal Legislative Decree 2/2015, of October 23, which approves the revised text of the Workers Statute Law.
- Royal Decree 1529/2012, of November 8, which develops the contract for training and learning, establishes the bases for dual vocational training.
- Law 11/2013, of July 26, on measures to support the entrepreneur and stimulate growth and job creation.
- Royal Decree-Law 16/2013, of December 20, on measures to promote stable hiring and improve the employability of workers.
- Royal Decree-Law 6/2016, of December 23, of urgent measures for the promotion of the National Youth Guarantee System.
If you want more information about it, you can consult the following content:
Finally, if you need any kind of advice about work contracts or hiring procedures, make sure you rely on an expert team. At Entre Trámites we invite you to check our labor management services for SMEs, self-employed workers, and other types of businesses.
We want to listen to you and know what your questions are about the procedures you have to do. You can always rely on the advice of our specialists to clarify all your doubts. Contact us!